Can my mother sponsor my husband's immigration? 2 Answers as of April 12, 2011

I was sponsoring my husband's immigration from Brazil, however, I've lost my job. Is it possible for my mother to sponsor him?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
Yes, as long as your mom is either a U.S. citizen or green card holder.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/12/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you mother is US Citizen or Green Card holder and she lives in the US she can be the co-sponsor for your husband. You still have to be the petitioner and sponsor, but she can also file an Affidavit of Support for him.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/12/2011
Click to View More Answers: