Can my mother seek back child support from my father now that I am over 18? Posted on April 19, 2011

My parents have been divorced since I was very young. My mother has had custody of me this entire time, and my father was ordered by a court to pay child support. He never paid a dime, and owes my mother at least 10 years of back child support. I am currently age 20, and want to know if it is still possible for my mother to seek the back child support she is owed, or if it is too late. If this is possible, what documentation do we need to have to go after him, if any? The child support order was created in Illinois.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: