Can my mother in law claim her grandson for tax purposes if she supports him? How? 3 Answers as of June 17, 2015

Is my mother in law able to claim her grandson on taxes? She is on social security and her son and grandson live with her. Her son is unemployed and she supports them both, she pays all the bills.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ronald K. Nims LLC | Ronald K. Nims
She can claim as dependents both the adult child and the minor grandchild who live with her and she provides all their support. She can't claim the adult child if the adult child more than a few thousand in income from working part of the year or receiving unemployment compensation?
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/17/2015
Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
If she provides a majority of his support and he lives with her, yes.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/16/2015
Robert E. Giffin | Robert E. Giffin CPA
Probably yes as she support two of her relatives.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 6/16/2015
Click to View More Answers: