Can my mom stop me from getting my diploma in January 2011 if I have met graduation requirements? Posted on January 01, 2011

I am a 17 year old girl. I have an identical twin sister. We are high school seniors and have completed the requirements for high school. We were supposed to graduate in January 2011 and our counselor approved it. My mother was okay with letting us graduate it until December 15, 2010, two days before our last day of the fall semester. We even didn’t order caps and gowns because we were under the impression that she was letting us go. Now my mother is trying to make us attended high school until May. We have already been accepted and enrolled into college at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM) for the Spring 2011 semester. I have also been accepted and enrolled at Southern University of New Orleans (SUNO) for the Spring 2011 semester. We used to live in Hattiesburg where USM is located. I even had a job out there. We also have a scholarship from USM called the Regional Scholarship, an award representing the full waiver of out-of-state tuition. Can my mom legally stop us from graduating from high school and stop us from going to college this semester?