Can my mom husband legally put her out of the home because he no longer wants to be with her? 1 Answers as of February 11, 2017

My mom and her husband have been married for almost 4 years. The house they live in was his parents’ house. Not long ago he cheated on my mom and decided that he wants to be with the other woman. He told my mom that he gives her three months to leave which is in March. He is the provider for the home my mom doesn't make that much money. He's also not in a rush to get a divorce.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
He can put her out but only with a court order unless he uses some kind of physical force against her. Tell her to see a lawyer right away to see what rights she has and to get some spousal support. Don't let her wait. Take immediate action.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/11/2017
Click to View More Answers: