Can my MIP be dropped? 1 Answers as of April 04, 2017

My friend and I got pulled over and found a bunch of stuff in my friend’s (the driver’s) possession. He also didn't have a license. He was immediately handcuffed and arrested. They found weed in the passenger door where I was sitting. I claimed that I was getting a ride home and it wasn't mine. I said it had to have been there when I got in. They thought it was fishy so they still wrote me a ticket. After I had already left the police station, my friend had confessed that everything including the weed in the passenger door was his. I am on probation and am really worried about getting charged for this, as I am a minor. It would be a 2nd offense for minor in possession of weed.

Miller & Harrison, LLC
Miller & Harrison, LLC | David Harrison
It would be worth fighting it for sure. The issue is if you were in possession of it which means if you had dominion and control of it. Who owned it is not really the complete issue.