Can my license be suspended for an incident 15 years ago? 1 Answers as of June 21, 2011

I was charged with a b.a.c in Missouri in late 1993 when I was in the army. I had a Florida driver's license at the time. I went to court paid my fines then got out of the army. 15 years later I find that my license has been suspended because I did not take a class that I was never informed of. I was told that I was sent a letter about the class but I changed my address to my Florida address when I moved and where I lived in Missouri was at my uncle's house they never sent me any info. I renewed my Florida license a few times after the Missouri b.a.c and they were never suspended. Can they come after me 15 years later?

Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC
Lacy Fields, Attorney at Law, LLC | Lacy Fields
It's not that they are coming after you 15 years later; rather it is that you are only now discovering that they went after you 15 years ago. Yes, if you do not take care of fine, court costs, and all other requirements of the court, the court sends the licensing bureau an order to place a hold on your license. You will not be able to reinstate your Missouri license until you get this cleared up. The good news is that because it is so old, an attorney should be able to fix this for you.