Can my landlord terminate my lease due to a partnership? 8 Answers as of June 26, 2013

Landlord wants to end my 6 month commercial lease with option to buy. Claiming that since I formed a partnership without making him aware I defaulted on lease. Landlord used a standard track form and states that it is says no partnership. I've looked at entire lease and cannot find anything pertaining to partnerships. Am I in breach of contract?

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
It depends on the terms of the lease.
You really need a lawyer to help you. Landlord is being obnoxious, and you need to fight back.
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law
Michael R. Nack, Attorney at Law | Michael R. Nack
An attorney would have to read the lease in order to give you any specific legal advice.
You have to get back to basics. Who is the tenant under the lease? That is who is entitled to occupancy. If the lease says that someone else can also occupy (which it probably does not) then you're okay. Read the lease carefully. You always have to start there.
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy
The Law Offices of Robert W. Bellamy | Robert W. Bellamy
You need a lawyer. The lease is with you not your partnership. He may have breached. Get a lawyer to look the lease over. You need to move quick on this to avoid eviction.