Can my landlord renovate my apartment after I've been evicted but while I'm still paying rent owed? 1 Answers as of June 17, 2011

I was evicted from my apartment and the Marshall gave me 30 days to solve the problem and pay the rent owed. Can the landlord enter my apartment and knock down a wall that is not up to my lease regulations while I pay the rent owed and I am not present?

I don't understand why you are still paying rent if you have been evicted and put out of your apartment. I also don't understand what you mean by the Marshall giving you thirty days to pay. But, setting that aside, once you are evicted from your apartment then the landlord can usually do anything he wants to the apartments. It belongs to the landlord. Please note the following necessary legal disclaimer: I have not given legal advice. I only give advice to my clients. I am not acting as your attorney. I have not yet agreed to represent you. Anything I have said is based on limited information and may be subject to change as more facts become known. Attorneys express opinions. Attorneys often disagree. If you want further information or independent verification of anything I have said then you should immediately consult another attorney. Never sit on your rights! I am admitted to practice law in New York State only and cannot practice law in any other State.