Can my landlord refuse to let me into a property that was owned by a family member? 1 Answers as of July 22, 2011

My aunt passed away in California and on behalf of my mother I went to bury her. The problem is the Landlord refused to let me in to my aunt's apartment to get all of her papers and photos. Can I take her to court? What do I need to do? I have the death certificate

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Asset Protection and Elder Law Center
Asset Protection and Elder Law Center | Shadi Alai-Shaffer
You need an attorney. Yes, the landlord has every right to deny you access. You need to have the legal right to do so through a legal (estate document, Will, Trust, etc...). You need to seek the advice of an attorney, sorry for your loss.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/22/2011
Click to View More Answers: