Can my landlord kick me out without 30 days notice because I do not have a lease contract and do we have go to court? 9 Answers as of May 14, 2013

Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
Fidelity National Title Insurance Company | Andrew Capelli
It depends on how long you've been living where you're at. Without a written agreement you are considered "month-to-month" and would normally need a 30-day notice to quit the premises. If you've been there only a few days, it's probably not long enough to establish residency. Assuming you are a resident, if you do not leave voluntarily, the landlord will have to evict you. If that happens, however, you may be responsible for costs. Good luck.
Law Office of Lisa Hurtado McDonnell | Lisa Hurtado McDonnell
If you haven't paid he can give you a three day notice. If you have paid an don't have a lease then he can give you a 30 day notice.
He has to give you 30 day notice and if you don't leave, then he will have to go court to evict you legally.
As long as you are current on your rent, your landlord must give you 30-days notice to leave. If you do not leave within the 30 days, your landlord must file an unlawful detainer (eviction) action against you and get a court order removing you from the premises.
Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
If you pay on a monthly basis, the law presumes that you have a month to month contract and the landlord must give you 30 days notice. If the landlord files an eviction proceeding, you can file a response with the court and send a copy to the landlord to get your day in court. Or, yo can negotiate a departure date with the landlord.
    Marvin I. Moss, P.A. | Marvin I. Moss
    Your landlord to terminate a lease from month to month must give you a minimum of fifteen days notice in writing to terminate your tenancy. If you fail to vacate the premises then he can only evict you by filing in court a Removal of Tenant law suit and serve you with it. He cannot use self help by locking you out. If he does he is liable for unlawful eviction to you.
    Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
    Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
    A landlord is only required to give you 20-days notice to vacate. No reason is required. If you decide to ignore the notice and stay on the property, you could be considered to be unlawfully detaining the property and may be subject to a court action to evict you. You must either vacate voluntarily, or your landlord must go to court. Your landlord cannot otherwise through you out.
    Depends on how often your rent is due, if it is monthly you are entitled to thirty days notice in Michigan.
    Reade & Associates
    Reade & Associates | R. Christopher Reade
    Landlord must serve you with notice and give you the opportunity to fight the eviction.