Can my landlord evict me for having roommates, even though it isn’t stated in my rental agreement? 1 Answers as of May 15, 2015

My landlord is threatening eviction and has even called child protective services on me for having a couple people stay with me. My rental agreement does not state anything about overnight guests and my rent is paid in full and current thru the month of May. The landlord has also been harassing me, by showing up on the property every day without written or verbal notice.

Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S.
Harper Law Offices, Inc. P.S. | Joseph T. G. Harper
Your lease/rental agreement is between you and your landlord, and no other parties. If you have other roommates living there, they could be considered unauthorized tenants. They are not parties to the agreement because you let them in without the landlord's knowledge or consent. This is typically a lease/rental agreement violation. Your landlord could evict you for this. They will need to give you a 10-day notice first to comply with the lease and either remove them or prove they do not live with you. It sounds like they do (roommates) so they will either need to go, you all leave, or you discuss with your landlord how to add them to the lease. This may require your roommates to submit applications and fees for your landlord to screen them, and your rent may go up. More people in a place generally means more wear and tear and utility use. If you have already been served with a notice, you should consult with an attorney right away.