Can my landlord evict me? 1 Answers as of May 09, 2011

Back in Nov 2010 my husband was working in the second bedroom office and the noise above him was so loud I could here it in the other bedroom with the door closed. He threw one of those squishy stress balls at the ceiling. The single mom upstairs called the cops. The next day I received a phone call and was told we had to move out, then the landlord said we could move to another building. She said everybody (4 units) has complained about my husband, not true we checked. She said she had spoken to me several times, not true either. I asked her to produce dates and time, still nothing. It is now almost May and they have been accepting our rent and have never called or spoken to us since that time. Shortly after that the neighbor upstairs proceeded to scream at us in the parking lot telling us that the landlord told her that we were evicted and had to move. I called the police and didnt sign a complaint because they would have arrested her and taken her kids. Can the landlord discuss this information with other tenants? Can the landlord evict us over the phone? Can the landlord raise our rent verbally? Can the landlord evict us without proving she has spoken to us about this situation? I have cell phone records and she never contacted us prior to that day.

Palumbo and Kosofsky | Michael Palumbo
I would have to take a look at your lease. If there is no lease, you can be evicted with 1 month’s notice for any reason if you pay month to month.