Can my immigrant fiance travel within the US? Posted on July 05, 2011

I am a US citizen currently studying medicine in the US. My fiance is a German citizen who legal entered the US after filling the (ESTA) form. We got married after a month of she been here. Then, we applied for change of status and send the complete package. When she entered the country her German passport was stamped for 3months. We got married and submitted our papers before the 3 months were over. Our case is still pending and they requested a few documents that were missing and were sent recently. I have to travel for my 4th year electives to Houston and some other cities. My question is if I can travel with her from Puerto Rico (US territory) to Houston without problems. Is she going to be questioned or not allowed to travel? What are the possible consequences? Thanks

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: