Can my illegal boyfriend be arrested for non payment of child support? 2 Answers as of February 06, 2011

My boyfriend is illegal, no drivers license, SSN, no type of ID at all. Can a warrant be issued for his arrest due to non payment of child support? He has been able to send payments for the past 2yrs until recently (unable to find work). Thank you for your time and response.

Arrest warrants are normally not issued for first time delinquencies in the payment of child support. You can go to the clerk's office of the J&DR court which ordered the child support and fill out the paperwork necessary to have him brought back to court on a Rule to Show Cause to explain to the judge why he hasn't been paying his child support but this is not an arrest warrant.
Not paying Child support is a criminal offense. yes, he can be arrested. You surely need legal presentation by a lawyer. You are welcome to contact us when you are ready.