Can my illegal alien husband get a drivers license if I marry him? 1 Answers as of June 27, 2011

Hi! I have been with my boyfriend for two and half years. I’m citizen born in Puerto Rico but he's not he is from Honduras and he enter to US illegally. He doesn’t have papers, or id just he's passport from Honduras. Well we have a one-year-old little girl and we live together, my question is if I marry him do you think he can get a least a driver license in the state of Florida?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
They will only issue the drivers license if he has an I-485 receipt notice. Based on what you said you cannot file the I-485 for him (unless he is 245(i) eligible); only the I-130.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 6/27/2011
Click to View More Answers: