Can my husband, who has a felony, sponsor me if I wanted to adjust my status from f1 to permanent residency? 3 Answers as of February 24, 2011

I came to the US with a F1 visa and I married my husband. We have a daughter together who is a US citizen. My husband is on Parole and has a felony. How would his record affect the application for change of status to permanent residency?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
He may have a heard time to prove his financial ability to prevent you from gaining public benefit after you come in, unless you have your own means to sustain yourself after you are here. Good Luck. if you need help, you are more than welcome to contact us.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 2/24/2011
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law
William C. Gosnell, Attorney at Law | William C. Gosnell
No, he cannot.
Answer Applies to: Tennessee
Replied: 2/23/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
Generally, the petitioner's criminal history does not affect their ability to petition someone. However, if the crime involved children or sexual abuse, he could be subject to the Adam Walsh Act. If he is, then there is chance that the petition cannot be approved.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: