Can my husband, who has felonies, sponsor me to become legalized? 1 Answers as of July 13, 2011

I came in illegaly as a newborn and have been in texas about 27 years. I married 4 months ago. Will my husbands felonies affect him sponsoring me for citizenship?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Fong & Associates
Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
Yes, they may affect his petition depending on the exact felony charge and if you have any minor children. You have an additional problem to address in that you entered "illegally" and therefore you may not be able to apply for your permanent residence here in the US; and you may need to apply at your home consulate. When you leave the US to apply, you are going to trigger a 10-year bar under section 212(a)(9) and you will need a waiver. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney before your husband files anything for you.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 7/13/2011
Click to View More Answers: