Can my husband use half of what he is paying in taxes as a deduction on his tax return? Posted on July 25, 2011

My daughter's husband has in his divorce papers from previous marriage (which they filed on own) that he will pay 1/2 property taxes as long as in her name. What they agreed on but didn't get in the Divorce papers was that the ex was to transfer property to daughter when she was older. Daughter is now 21 and still does not have property in her name. No one has lived there in years. His Ex got married before he married my daughter & lives out of town. Since his ex is refusing to transfer the property (says because homestead would be lost since daughter's husband is in military and they will be in Korea for a year) & he doesn't want to get the papers amended to not pay, can he use the half that he is paying on taxes as a deduction on his tax return? Any other options available?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: