Can my husband take our child if I divorce him in California? 3 Answers as of October 19, 2010

I have a two month old baby boy and I am not working and I have a permanent green card for residence and I want to divorce my husband. My question is can he take the baby from me? Thanks

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Goldberg Jones
Goldberg Jones | Zephyr Hill
It is up to the Judge to decide what is in your baby's best interests. You do not have enough information here for me to guess at the outcome, but I can say that your5 status will not affect the outcome. Mothers usually have a very strong case to keep custody of infants and all children for that matter. Take good care of your baby, stay healthy, and be safe in caring for her and you should be just fine.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/19/2010
Diefer Law Group, P.C.
Diefer Law Group, P.C. | Abel Fernandez
The court will award custody to whom the court believes is the best person to care for the child.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/19/2010
Click to View More Answers: