Can my husband take my child if he is supporting us? 1 Answers as of April 11, 2011

I care for my child, and my husband is supporting our family. In case of a divorce, can he take my child?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C.
Theodore W. Robinson, P.C. | Theodore W. Robinson
No, he cannot just take your child. However, there is no guarantee that one of the other of you will be granted custody of the child by the court. Of course, if you are the primary caregiver of the child and he is the out of the home worker for the family, there is a greater likelihood that you will be given custody. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 4/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: