Can my husband still get his citizenship with a juvenile criminal record? 4 Answers as of August 03, 2011

My husband was in a relationship with someone as a juvenile and fathered a child with that person. Thats when he was charged with rape of a child. That was as a juvenile. He has been in no trouble since then and has been married for nine years and has three children in that marriage. Does he have a chance at getting his papers with that juvenile record?

Juvenile records should not have any effect because they are not convictions. Some states seal the juvenile records automatically but some require affirmative action.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A.
Law Office of Felipe A. Malo, P.A. | Felipe Augusto Malo
Normally crimes as a juvenile do not affect citizenship but since this was a crime against a minor I would need to see the arrest report and final court disposition If he was not convicted it will not affect him
Juvenile criminal records do not count against you in immigration.
Law Firm of Caroline Dreyfus PA
Law Firm of Caroline Dreyfus PA | Caroline D J Dreyfus
There are a lot of details that need to be discussed with an attorney. Depending on certain factors, your husband may be able to get his citizenship.