Can my husband still apply for a green card if the police only took his information, no fingerprints and let him go? 3 Answers as of April 01, 2014

My husband is currently here with a Visa. A couple of years ago he was stopped by a police officer and confiscated a bag full of money that came from illegal substances. The money wasn't his, he just made a bad decision and decided to take that bag to somebody. I am a U.S. citizen but I am afraid that he won’t be able to get his green card because of that. He was not arrested, they just took his information (no fingerprints) and the bag and let him go. Can he still apply?

You really need to have an attorney assess the criminal records, if any. It is very important to know if he was ever summoned to appear before the court.
I would definitely try. But he had better not do it again. People have been deported for less.
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
You should probably pull a background check and FOIA request to see what's actually on his record. Most law offices will do this for a few hundred dollars. Once you see what's actually on there, then you can decide what to do.