Can my husband re-enter the US with a possession charge? 3 Answers as of June 01, 2011

I was wondering if my husband can return to the states after he was deported in2004 on a drug charge Possession of 2 really small bags of marijuana. He was sent back to a Caribbean island He did serve time at the time before he was deported. Do you think this is possible?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Anything is possible and I am not being facetious. It is that I don't know anything about his past, criminal or immigration. About the only thing I can tell is that he will need to wait at least 10 years outside the US before re-applying for admission and that maybe the 10-year period can be broken with the filing of a good I-212 waiver and supporting documentation at the time he solicits a visa back to the US. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/1/2011
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law
Eric M. Mark, Attorney at Law | Eric Mark
It may be, but it will require a showing of extreme hardship to you if he is not and a waiver of his prior deportation and criminal record. You need an attorney to do this successfully.
Answer Applies to: New Jersey
Replied: 5/31/2011
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC.
Immigration Law Offices of Misiti Global, PLLC. | Nicklaus Misiti
It depends upon if it was his only conviction and how much marijuana it was. To get an answer you will need to speak with an immigration attorney directly. For a free consultation you can contact my office or by filling out the form on my website.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/31/2011
Click to View More Answers: