Can my husband petition for my children so that they can become naturalized US citizens? 3 Answers as of February 17, 2011

Before anything else I would like to say thanks a lot for those who spend their time to answer these questions. It is really hard to be far away to my kids and I am suffering hoping that I can do something. I found out that my ex divorced me in September 2009. I know that my kids will be automatically US citizen because at the time we were doing our interview they stamped my visa but was pending for my son because he need to sign the paper that for him to prove that he is an American. How long can he stay physically here in US? Now my husband will try to petition them so they can see if they can get the naturalization. Hope it will be ok.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
I am a little confused on everyone's status. If your husband was born in the U.S., the children are his natural children, and he has spent the requisite time in the U.S. (This varies depending on his birth date) he can file for a Report of Foreign Birth Abroad for them to obtain U.S. passports and be recognized as U.S. citizens.

If I am reading your facts correctly you are in the U.S. and the children are overseas. You are only a permanent resident though and not a citizen. If you were married less than 2 years when you obtained your permanent residency you presumably got a 2 year green card and will need to self-petition to remove the conditions. Who are you referring to when you say how long can he physically stay in the U.S.?

I would be happy to assist you and the children and your ex-husband through these various procedures. You may schedule a consultation to discuss your case by contacting me as indicated below. We do charge for consultations but any consultation fees would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained for further work after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/17/2011
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
I would really like to answer your question, but it's a bit confusing. So your children are already here with green cards? How about your older child, he didn't receive his green card? How old were your children when you married your actual husband? You can reach us at 3059103002 if you want to discuss your case further.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/29/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
If your husband is citizen or LPR, and your children are 21 and under, unmarried, yes, it will work.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: