Can my husband order me to vacate our home? 1 Answers as of November 14, 2016

My husband beat me up, got a shotgun and tried to murder me. He was arrested and is in jail awaiting trial. I filed for divorce in order to freeze our assets and protect our property. I heard that he has instructed his lawyer to serve me with an order to vacate the premises. Is the judge going to force me to leave my home?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Probably not unless the house is his separate property and even then, it's unlikely. You will have to pay the mortgage on it (if any) if you're living in it. Since he is in jail and likely will be for a long time, it's unlikely a judge would allocate use of the house or the house itself to him if you want it.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 11/14/2016
Click to View More Answers: