Can my husband of 20 years kick me and my three children out of the house? 1 Answers as of September 24, 2017

My husband and I aren't really married but we've been officially together and seen as husband and wife for about 20 years. Our relationship has been deteriorating and he threatens me constantly by asking me to leave. He almost hurt my oldest son who he has problems with. He also abuses my son physically, mentally, emotionally, and psychologically, by telling him sickening things and forcing him to do stuff, he forced me to leave but he never let me work or anything so I have no source of income. What can I do? I'm in a hotel right now. Can I like sue him or something?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock
Law Offices of Arlene D. Kock | Arlene D. Kock
Even though you were not married, there may be some legal rights you may have concerning property but the pursuit of that would not be under the family law act. You may wish to consider filing and serving a paternity action establishing the parental duties of father and establish custody and visitation as well as child support. Lastly, if he's being abusive, you may want to seek protective orders.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: