Can my husband get his visa denied? 7 Answers as of August 22, 2011

I am a us citizen, my husband came to the us with a student/visa which will expire next year, how ever his grace period which he would get for 180 days expired last February 2010 and he has worked under another social. Can he get his green card denied and get deported?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
Most unlikely if those are the only negatives in his past. Feel free to contact me for assistance in getting through the process. It is important that he be entirely truthful on his applications.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/22/2011
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC
Reza Athari & Associates, PLLC | Reza Athari
Since you are a US citizen, he will be able to apply for permanent residency. Regarding working under another social security number, the issue is being seriously investigated by several states and criminal charges may be filed. You should hire an immigration attorney that does criminal work too. Let us know if you need our help.
Answer Applies to: Nevada
Replied: 8/16/2011
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
A good immigration attorney shouldn't have a problem getting his case approved. For example, I charge $1,500 for this type of case, excluding costs, expenses, and filing fees. It's just smart to get a second opinion.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 8/15/2011
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller
Law Office of Jaclyn Miller | Jaclyn Miller
You need to file a relative petition/adjustment of status for him.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 8/12/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
He may be charged with unlawful use of a SS# or card, if that was not his number. However this will not necessarily bar him from obtaining a green card via his marriage to you. But you really need to have a full consult with a competent immigration attorney so you can have his case and issues fully assessed.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/12/2011
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal
    Law Offices of Grinberg and Segal | Alexander Segal
    Your husband can have his green card application denied for various reasons. However, we would need additional information to determine what could be done for your husband and how likely the case will be denied. First, it is unclear whether your husband has fallen out of status or not. It is also important to know when he fell out of status (i.e. stopped attending classes). If your husband is out of status, he can be deported for solely being out of status. Second, your husband could be criminally charged with fraud for using someone else's social security card. He also has worked while on a visa that did not authorize him to work. If his green card is denied, he will likely be placed in removal proceedings where he can try to fight his deportation. It is important to consult with an attorney right away in order to avoid serious and possibly irreparable harm being done to your husband's ability to immigrate to the United States.
    Answer Applies to: New York
    Replied: 8/12/2011
    Fong & Associates
    Fong & Associates | William D. Fong
    It depends on the immigration or criminal violation related to his use of the false social security number and if he ever made a "false claim to citizenship". If he has not, then the overstay and unauthorized employment will be forgiven under Section 245(a) as the immediate relative, spouse of a US citizen. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
    Answer Applies to: Texas
    Replied: 8/11/2011
Click to View More Answers: