Can my husband file for his step daughter to get US citizenship? 5 Answers as of June 08, 2011

My husband a US citizen and I am a green card holder. Can he file for his step daughter to get citizenship?

Yes he can as long as the stepfather-stepdaughter relationship was formed before your daughter turned 18. Your daughter fits within the definition of child under the INA 101(b)(1). You are good to go. Good luck!
If you married before she was 18, then yes, he can sponsor her as his daughter. Otherwise it needs to come from you, as I assume you are the biological mother.
Yes but only if you were married to him when the step-daughter was under 18yrs old. If yes she must also be under 21yrs old when he petitions for her adjustment application.
Short answer is sum, is YES! Your stepdaughter, if she is under 21, can be filed for since she is what is called a derivative child for filing purposes.
The Law Office of David L. Leon
The Law Office of David L. Leon | David L. Leon
Yes. A USC can file a petition for a stepchild.