Can my husband deny my parental rights if there is no custody agreement? Posted on June 17, 2011

My husband took our children out of state and hid them from me and threatened me to stay away. I have been working with the NCMEC on what to do. I have an open case with them. I have been looking for them for over two years. I have just found them due to an e-mail from my husband's attorney. He is filing for Divorce and says he has legal care custody and is also filing for sole custody. But he has not been granted custody in any court to my knowledge. I have been trying to file for emergency custody and I am getting a run around situation. Now that I know where they are I don't want to lose them for good. Can he legally do this?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: