Can my husband delay or prolong submitting the papers to finish our uncontested defaulted divorce? 3 Answers as of February 21, 2013

My divorce was filed 5/2012 in California. I defaulted my divorce since I am moving out of state for a job relocation. I had been checking my status of my divorce through the web domain website of ALAMEDA COURTHOUSE and the last update was 7/2012 "as status to enter default entered." It's been over 6 months and I would like to ask if my husband has the power to delay or prolong the submitting of the forms to finish our divorce? I just want this to be over. No kids. Married less than 5 years.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
I'm fairly sure your husband is not delaying matters. But, he does need to file additional papers to get the divorce finalized. It is not automatically finalized just because your default has been entered. If he does nothing you will have to file a motion to set aside your default and finalize it yourself.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/21/2013
The uncontested divorce doesn't just happen by itself. You need to ensure that all the proper paperwork was submitted to the court, including the Notice of Entry of Judgment and Judgment forms. If it wasn't submitted, you won't be divorced. Check your court's forms (different counties sometimes have different forms) and check off that you have provided everything to the Court.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/20/2013
Steven Alpers | Steven Alpers
Yes he does. T he papers must be filed and until they are no divorce.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/20/2013
Click to View More Answers: