Can my husband come back to the US after being deported? 2 Answers as of July 27, 2011

My husband came to the US with a green card in 1999. We had 3 kids got married then he got charged with a aggravated felony he did 14 months in the federal prison and signed his deportation over a year ago he go sent to Peru. I have tried to take my 3 kids there to live but it did not work because it is too different there so we came back here. Is there any way he can come back to the US any time soon? I am struggling without his help and I am living off the government right now! Please help me I do not know what to do to get him back here. Thank you.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It sounds like you have ground for waiver. You need to hire an attorney to apply waiver of admission for your husband. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/27/2011
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Unfortunately, if your husband was previously admitted as a Lawful Permanent Resident and then was convicted of an aggravated felony, there is no waiver for him to return. One alternative may be to return to his criminal attorney and find out whether it is possible for him to obtain post conviction relief and change his conviction to something other than an aggravated felony. This is a long shot, but it may be worth the phone call.
Answer Applies to: Virginia
Replied: 2/14/2011
Click to View More Answers: