Can my husband be made a citizen if he was deported and came back? Posted on June 22, 2011

My fiance has had many hardships in his life and came to America when he was younger to try to support his family. He was illegal when he came but was granted some sort of temporary visa due to issues in El Salvador. After 9/11 there was some confusion (he really does not understand our legal system and how it works, he also never went to school as he had to work at a very young age) and he missed an immigration appointment and was deported. After a while in his country, he came back over illegally and has been here ever since. That was roughly in 2003. He and I met in 2004 and started dating in 2005. We want to get married and we have a 7-month-old child together. Please, is there anything that can be done to help us? Thank you!