Can my green card be revoked for having a child outside of marriage? 9 Answers as of January 19, 2011

If I made a mistake by having a child outside my marriage and I already have a green card, can my green card get revoked?

By itself no but if your green card is based on a marriage this may certainly raise issues about your good faith marriage. I need more facts to answer properly. If you would like a consultation on the facts of your case we do charge for consultations $350 per hour - but the fees paid for consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for your case if we are retained after the consultation for any immigration work.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A.
Carlos E. Sandoval, P.A. | Carlos Sandoval
You will need to explain better your question since it is very ambiguous.
No, your green card cannot be revoked.
Calderón Seguin PLC
Calderón Seguin PLC | Ofelia L. Calderon
Not really, unless the child is somehow evidence that the marriage through which you obtained permanent residence was not bona fide.
No, not for the reason you've described.
    Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
    Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
    Is your husband divorcing you? If he is willing to stay married to you, you will probably not lose your green card.

If you have been married less than two years and you still have the conditional green card, your husband may or may not agree to petition for the removal of the condition. His refusal will mean a revocation.

If you have the permanent green card, you won't lose it for having an extra-marital child. Although this may be a social catastrophe, it is not a crime.
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
    Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
    NO, your green card will not be revoked because you had a child. It may be revoked if you committed fraud.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    No that is not a ground upon which your green card could be revoked.
    Having a child with someone other than your husband while married could be proof that your marriage was not bona fide, especially if the child was conceived while you were waiting for your Green Card and/or born soon after you got your Green Card. If the USCIS learns of it, then could try and take away your Green Card. However, but itself, it does not automatically result in you losing your Green Card. L