Can my girlfriend sponsor me in a good faith marriage? 2 Answers as of June 21, 2011

My gf and I have been in a relationship for a year and half. We are planning to get married. However, My mom and her mom are somehow relatives (it's not close) and my family lives in VN while her family is here. Will be any problem if she sponsors for me even we are in a good faith marriage?

A good faith marriage is just that, a good faith marriage. Now I understand you are already seeing each other and that you intend to get married. If that is the case, I don't believe that you will have any problem if the relationship you talk of is so distant as to not make a real difference. The thing you do not want to do is marry a known relative in a sham marriage in order to get immigration benefits. Barring that, I would not lose much sleep on it. Good luck!
If you are in a true relationship and the marriage would be considered legal in the state where you marry, then as a basic matter, you can move forward with the green card application. Each state has different rules about who is allowed to marry in terms of blood relations. You will want to have all other aspects of your case analyzed before hand by a competent immigration attorney!