Can my girlfriend go back to Florida and get her kids from thier dad? 3 Answers as of July 07, 2011

The father is a pothead and he doesn’t feed the kids healthy. She gave the kids a choice to come to Va with her or stay in Fl. The only reason that they didn’t want to come to Va is the 1000-mile ride. We are just trying to find out if we can legally go get them.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pontrello Law
Pontrello Law | William Pontrello
Court documents control who has children. last court order is prevailing unless changed by the court formally. if no court docs then its all up for grabs.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/7/2011
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
If they were never married, she can legally get them. The problem is that Dad will likely turn around and file a Paternity Action and a Motion for Immediate Return of the Minor Children. It is probably a better course of action to take this up in court. I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: