Can my girlfriend get pre trial intervention? 4 Answers as of March 23, 2011

Can my girlfriend get pre trial intervention from fraud use of a credit card in Florida? It's her first offense.

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
It will depend on how much she used the credit card. If it wasn't alot, then she probably will qualify for pre-trial intervention. If her case is in the Tampa Bay area and she would like the assistance of legal counsel, please contact our office for further consultation.
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick
Law Offices of Karen Kilpatrick | Karen Kilpatrick
It really depends on the county you're in. The offer to enter a PTI program will come from the prosecutor and it is normally within the prosecutor's discretion who to allow in (and the program and rules will vary by county).

PTI would be a good option, since after successful completion the case would be dismissed and you could get it expunged. If PTI is not offered, make sure if she pleas no contest to request from the public defender or private attorney to ask for a "withholding of adjudication" as part of the plea, so the record can later be sealed.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
It depends on the amount of loss and whether the victim would agree.