Can my girlfriend fix my papers? 1 Answers as of March 23, 2011

My girlfriend and I are planning to get married as soon as we both turn 18. She is a US Citizen and I came into the US illegally at age 5, both of us are 17. After we get married will she be able to fix me papers? Would I have to leave the United States or can I fix papers staying in the US?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law
Marie Michaud Attorney At Law | Marie Michaud
If she is 245i protected, she can file all the paper without having to get outside of the US. Otherwise, she will have to leave the US before cumulating 180 days of illegality. She will start cumulating days of illegality the day she turns 18. You file the family petition, the do consular processing. She has to wait outside, until she gets her immigrant visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 3/23/2011
Click to View More Answers: