Can my friend join the military with a DUI? 7 Answers as of June 08, 2015

A friend of mine just got a DUI. He was speeding after we went out to the bars. He has never been in trouble like this before. He was planning on joining the military soon and had been to the recruiter pretty recently. Is there a way that a lawyer could help get him into the military still?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
He cannot go to the military with any type of active probation. So, eh must either beat the case, or wait a year until he comes off probation.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/8/2015
Richard B. Jacobson & Associates, LLC | Richard B. Jacobson
Call the nearest recruiting office. They know best.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/4/2015
The Law Offices of Harold L. Wallin | Harold L. Wallin
He won't be able to enlist with a DUI case. He needs to retain an attorney ASAP.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/4/2015
The Rogers Law Firm
The Rogers Law Firm | Andrea Storey Rogers
He needs to hire a DUI attorney to represent him. He will not be able to join the military if he is on probation or if he has an active warrant. He can ask the recruiter to see if a DUI conviction would prevent him from being accepted into the military.
Answer Applies to: Missouri
Replied: 6/4/2015
Law Office of Edward J. Blum
Law Office of Edward J. Blum | Edward J. Blum
If he beats the case, he can get in the military. Otherwise, he probably has to wait til he gets off probation at least. Talk to the recruiter and ask.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/4/2015
    Law Office of Robert E McCall | Robert McCall
    The decision is up to the individual service, not the recruiter. Usually one incident is not a disqualification but if he gets a long period of probation, it may be.
    Answer Applies to: Florida
    Replied: 6/4/2015
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh
    Law Office of Jeff Yeh | Jeff Yeh
    Instead of worrying about whether he can join the military, he needs to focus his attention on how he can avoid being convicted. He needs to hire a DUI specialist, and do it soon because he has only 10 days to save his license.
    Answer Applies to: California
    Replied: 6/4/2015
Click to View More Answers:

Need more information on drunk driving law? Visit our free DUI resource page to learn more.

If you need immediate assistance, fill out a free case evaluation form to connect with a DUI lawyer in your area today!