Can my friend get a green car after being deported? 3 Answers as of February 01, 2011

I have a friend whose 19 yrs old he was raised in the US but his mom never got him a green card and he got into some trouble and got deported how would it work if he wanted a green card asap he has no family in Mexico and hes just trying to come back out here.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC
Feldman Feldman & Associates, PC | Lynne Feldman
We would be happy to talk with you or him regarding his options for returning to the U.S. He will need to have a sponsor petitioner in most cases which can be a close family member, spouse, or employer. We would need the details of any crime he was charged with and to review the deportation itself. Was he less than 18 when he returned to Mexico? You may contact me as indicated below to schedule a consultation on these issues. We do charge for consultations but whatever is paid for the consultation would then be a credit toward the fees for his case if we are retained to additional immigration services after the consultation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/1/2011
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law
Law Office of Immigration & International Trade Law | Linda Liang
It depends on what criminal record he has. If it is aggravated felony, he will have no chance.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 1/25/2011
Javia & Moore
Javia & Moore | Marisa-Andrea Moore
Generally, your friend would need a family or employment petition. Typically, after a person has been deported, they cannot get a visa for 10 years. However, there are certain ways to get around this 10 year bar. I recommend that you consult with an immigration attorney.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 1/25/2011
Click to View More Answers: