Can my friend be arrested for driving on a revoked license when he was not even driving? 2 Answers as of February 03, 2011

My partner was coming out of a store when a sheriff that we have had problems with a few times in the last two called him over to his car and stated he had a failure to appear warrant. We both knew that couldn't be right because at that time he was out on bond/bail and we talk to the bail bonds men weekly. He went to court on the day due and did not have to be back in court until the 10th of February. However, when he was booked in they told him it wasn't a failure to appear. It was for driving while license was revoked. He never was stopped or giving a ticket. Most importantly since the last arrest I had been doing all the driving. How can a sheriff call in and say they saw him driving on a date but could not catch up to him?

The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones
The Law Office of B. Elaine Jones | B. Elaine Jones
It sounds like your friend has a pretty case to fight. He should contact a criminal lawyer to represent him. The deputy is going to have to swear under oath and it sounds like his story is very suspect given your friend was never pulled over for DWLS at any particular date or time. If your friend needs an attorney and he lives in the Tampa Bay area, have him give me a call or email at the contact information attached to this email response.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A.
Bruce H. Lehr, P.A. | Bruce H. Lehr
I cannot give you an explanation of lying police officers. If you were with your boyfriend at the time, then testify in his behalf at trial.