Can my foreign fiance marry me in the United States without a fiance visa? 2 Answers as of February 22, 2011

My fiance is English and we plan to marry in the States. Does he have to have a fiance visa even if we do not plan on living in the States after the wedding? How long does it take to get a fiance visa for him?

Fiance visa is a permit for a fiance to come to US and marry you within 90 days. Since she is legally here, there is no point for Fiance visa. You can marry her and apply a green card for her. Of course, if you don't plan to live in US, there is no point to do anything else other than obtaining a marriage certificate. Good luck!
Yes your fianc can marry you in the U.S.. without a K1 fianc visa. However, they would need some type of visa, or be eligible under the visa waiver program, to come to the U.S. If they apply for a visitor visa based on the reason they are going to get married, they would likely be denied and told to apply for a K1 visa.