Can my fiancee leave the US while waiting for green card? 9 Answers as of November 07, 2013

I recently filed a form I-129F for my fiancée to come to the States from Ireland. We expect the process will take 5-6 months and are still hoping to have a reception in Ireland late next summer (2014). After marrying here in the States and applying for adjustment of status, is it possible for my fiancée to leave the country to go to Ireland to have a wedding there while waiting for the green card? I've found information on possibly getting Advance Parole, but it seems that only pertains to emergencies. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

No, advance parole is not only given in emergencies. It is given in all cases, however, it is issued about 3 months after submitting all the paperwork so as long as that coincides with your travel plans (3 months or so after getting married in the US and submitting all the paperwork to USCIS), then it is doable; otherwise it will not be.
Law Office of Adebola Asekun | Adebola O. Asekun
A person can file for advance parole while a Form I-485 adjustment of status [green card] application is pending. A Form I-129 F fianc?e petition is not the same as a I-485 application. To avoid complications, please consult with an experienced immigration attorney.
CoverLaw
CoverLaw | Jim Cover
I would not risk it.
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law
Richard S. Kolomejec, Attorney at Law | Richard S. Kolomejec
You should be fine. The process takes 2 to 3 months for the green card.
Law Office of Eric Fisher | Eric Fisher
As long as she obtains advance parole before she returns to Ireland. She should file the I-131 application when she applies for permanent residence.
    Rickie Emmanuel Ibe, P.C. | Rickie Ibe
    Yes, your husband is eligible to apply for Advance Parole while his application for adjustment of status is pending. It takes about 90 days to get an advance parole.
    Your fiance can request advanced parole. He will need advance parole in order to leave the country.
    Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC
    Lana Kurilova Rich PLLC | Lana Kurilova Rich
    I would not recommend using advance parole as a way to travel out of the US for a wedding reception. I would recommend getting the green card first and then traveling. Advance parole is meant for emergency-type situations, and once the documents are filed for the green card, the person will need to appear for a fingerprinting appointment first and an interview appointment that both spouses must attend. Since you cannot time when either appointment will be scheduled, it is better to stay in the US to see this process through.
    Ben T. Liu Law Office
    Ben T. Liu Law Office | Ben T. Liu
    He can apply for advance parole along with the I-485.