Can my fiancee become a cititzen? 6 Answers as of May 23, 2011

My fiancee entered the US legally but his visa will expire soon. What can we do once we are married to make him a legal citizen?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Oltarsh and Associates, PC
Oltarsh and Associates, PC | Jennifer Oltarsh
You can petition for him. If you are seeking legal counsel please contact us. I have been practicing for over 15 years. Our immigration law firm has been in the immigration field for more than 45 years. We have handled cases with experience, integrity, and good effect. We offer payment plans with no interest.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 5/23/2011
The Jarrett Firm, LLC
The Jarrett Firm, LLC | Patrick Jarrett
Once you get married, you can file for him to adjust status. This is the process of your fianc obtaining a green card. He will obtain a conditional resident card because the marriage is less than two years and after two years, you will need to file to remove conditions. If approved, he will obtain a ten year green card. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me or visit my webpage.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 5/18/2011
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
You make sure you hire an attorney to file for him through you. His visa overstaying will be forgiven because he will be your immediate relative. But the reason you will need an attorney is to make sure that there are no other issues that might prevent him from becoming a legal resident. Other than that I see no issues. Good luck!
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
You need to marry within 90 days of hid entry and file for the green card. After he has been a green card holder for two years and nine months he can file for citizenship.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC
Nicastro Piscopo, APLC | Louis M. Piscopo
If you are a U.S. Citizen , once you and your fiance marry you can petition her and she can file for adjustment of status to legal permanent residency.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 5/18/2011
Click to View More Answers: