Can my fiance come to the US to marry me with a visitor visa? 2 Answers as of April 22, 2015

I am US citizen. My finance is Mexican and she has a visitor visa. Can she come to marry me the US with visitor visa? Then, can I file an adjustment of status for her to get her green card? Thanks.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
World Esquire Law Firm
World Esquire Law Firm | Aime Katambwe
Yes absolutely. In fact, this will be the easiest way for her to file for an adjustment of status right here in the United States, providing that she does enter with a legal visa into the US. I recommend that she do that if in fact she can come into the US with a visa.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/22/2015
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C.
Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. | David Nabow Soloway
It is impermissible for someone to intends to become married, adjust status and remain permanently in the U.S. to enter the U.S. with a visitor's visa. Doing so can create a risk that the foreign national committed visa fraud, with very harsh immigration-related consequences. There are a couple of alternatives to consider, including applying for a K-1 fianc?e visa that would allow a foreign national to enter the U.S. and become married within the requisite time, and then file to Adjust Status to become a Lawful Permanent Resident (to get a "Green Card"). It would be wise to consult with an immigration attorney who, after learning all of the relevant details, could advise about eligibilities, options and strategies, and provide representation for the application process. Some immigration law firms, including mine, offer legal services on a "flat fee" basis so that a client will know the total expense from the very beginning, and a few immigration law firms, including mine, offer an initial consultation free of charge.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 4/22/2015
Click to View More Answers: