Can my father get his misdemeanor/battery with personal injury charge dismissed 6 Answers as of July 12, 2013

My father is charged with misdemeanor /battery while intoxicated, no weapon involved. First offense. What is the chance of getting these charges dismissed? Thank you.

Can he? Sure. Will he? Police and prosecutors don't take the time to research, prepare and file charges just to drop them. You're likely dealing with a violent [knife] felony with prison time potential. No attorney can predict the outcome, nor even give an intelligent opinion, without reviewing and knowing all the charges, evidence, reports, testimony, priors history, etc. However, effective plea-bargaining, using whatever legal defenses, facts and sympathies there may be, could possibly keep you out of jail, or at least dramatically reduce it, depending upon all the facts. Not exactly a do it yourself project in court for someone who does not know how to effectively represent himself against a professional prosecutor intending to convict. If you don't know how to do these things effectively, then hire an attorney that does, who will try to get a dismissal, diversion program, reduction or other decent outcome through plea bargain, or take it to trial. If serious about hiring counsel to help you in this, and if this is in SoCal courts, feel free to contact me.
Depending on the facts, it could be reduced to disturbing the peace or drunk in public.
Possible depending on facts. Hire competent legal counsel.
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan
Law Office of Geoffrey M. Yaryan | Geoffrey M. Yaryan
If it is filed by the DA's office it will not be dismissed unless there is some good reason like unavailability of witnesses.
Get a lawyer, who will review the evidence against your father and make an educated assessment and exploring options such as a reduction, dismissal, or acquittal of the charge(s).
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman
    The Law Offices of Gabriel Dorman | Gabriel Dorman
    That depends on the facts and circumstances involved with your father's case. The fact that no weapon was involved and that this is your father's first offense is certainly helpful but it is impossible to say what your father is looking at without knowing more details about the case. The best thing to do at this point is to seek the help of an experienced criminal defense attorney to thoroughly evaluate your father's case and determine what defense he may have, if any, and further what he can expect to happen. I hope this answer was helpful. Good luck.