Can my father file for my siblings if he has a green card? 2 Answers as of June 15, 2011

I am a US citizen by birth and my dad is a green card holder. Can he file for my siblings?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC
Lyttle Law Firm, PLLC | Daniella Lyttle
Yes, he can if he's their biological dad.
Answer Applies to: Texas
Replied: 6/15/2011
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law
Theresa E. Tilton, Attorney at Law | Theresa E. Tilton
Your US resident father can petition for his children's legal residence. The sooner he does this, the better. There is a waiting list for the permanent residence visas. The wait is a shorter time for children under age twenty-one. If, by "siblings", you refer to people who are not your father's children, the result would be different. If you are an adult, you can petition for your siblings. This category has the longest wait period.
Answer Applies to: Washington
Replied: 6/15/2011
Click to View More Answers: