Can my ex-husband get married in Mexico even though we haven't gotten a divorce? 1 Answers as of July 19, 2017

My ex-husband and I have been separated for 3 years now but we haven't gone with the divorce. He left to Mexico a few months after the separation and just a few months ago, he got married in Mexico. Is that legal? Can he get into trouble?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Peyton and Associates | Barbara Peyton
Not legally. If he remarries without first getting a divorce from you, he is committing bigamy and his new marriage is invalid.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/19/2017
Click to View More Answers: