Can my ex take my daughter around my family? 9 Answers as of November 01, 2013

My family and I had a falling out surrounding the fact that I didn't bring my daughter around them enough. I kind of thought every other weekend is pretty generous considering I live 30 miles away. So now they have contacted my ex and have began hanging out with her just to see my daughter. As messed up as it is, is there anything legally I can do to force my ex to stop taking my daughter to my mom and sister?

Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Every other weekend for a loving grandparent is not generous. Try bringing her much more often.
Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
Unless your family members have serious violent criminal issues, the mother can socialize with whomever she wants, including your family members during her time with the child.
Provda Law Firm
Provda Law Firm | Bruce Provda
Unless you feel your child is in some danger your ex is free to do whatever they want during their visitation time.
Your falling out with your mother and sister doesn't have to be your daughter's falling out with them.? She is entitled to relationships with family members, even if you choose not to see them.? For your daughter's benefit, I'd suggest that you try to reconcile with your mother and sister.
Oscar E. Toscano | Oscar E. Toscano
Take a step back. It takes a whole village to raise a child. There is nothing said as to why your mom and sister are not good for your child. You should be glad your mom and your sister are involved. You should be glad your ex spends time with your child and your family. Think of the best interests of the child and you would realize that a strong family union can only help your child. In fact, you should realize that your ex should be your best friend when it comes to raising the child.
    Why? Unless they are a danger to the child NO.
    Other than go back to court and seek a modification of the custody order, no. And you would have to prove that it was harmful to your daughter to be around her grandmother and her aunt, not just because you don't like it.
    She can do as she wishes on her parenting time.
    If your mom and sister can be proven to be harmful to the child, you may be entitled to restraining orders preventing the contact.