Can my ex remove my things from my apartment that we shared and put them in storage without my consent? 8 Answers as of June 24, 2013

My ex and I live(d) together in an apartment that is only in my name. Recently, we broke up and I asked her to remove her things from the apartment. This morning, she called me and told me that she put everything in storage, this includes my things, and she will not allow me to get access to it. Is she allowed to do this? What are my options?

How did she do that? First of all where is she living now she can't be in the apartment based on what you have alleged , so I would contact the police if she really took all your property file a police report for the theft of your property by her.
Ronald Main & Associates | Tracian M. Laignel
Unfortunately you will need to go to the court clerk and file a small claims action to have her return your items to you.
Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck
Law Offices of Jill K. Whitbeck | Jill K. Whitbeck
Clearly she can do this, as she has done it. If you are married to her, you need to get a divorce on file. If you were not married to her, you need to demand the return of your personal property within a reasonable time (set a deadline that is reasonable) or you will report the property as stolen. If you were not married, then she has actually stolen your stuff unless she can argue that you gave it to her (or loaned it to her).
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
No there is no right to keep them from you.
No, she is not entitled to possession of your property.
    Webster & Associates | Anita Webster
    You are entitled to your belongings. You can prepare a police report and see if the police will help (sometimes you call it a civil matter and tell you to contact an attorney or file in court), you can file in small claims court, and/or have an attorney prepare a demand letter.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C.
    James T. Weiner & Associates, P.C. | James T. Weiner
    Report her to the police because she stole your stuff and depending upon the value she could be criminally charged with grand theft.
    Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC
    Law Offices of Pari Sheth LLC | Pari Sheth
    Since the apartment is in your name, she does not have any rights to habitation. Call the apartment manager and then the police to get her out.